Cooking is love. That’s one message I pick up from Maria Amore’s cookbook, Cooking with Amore. When I started reading Maria’s preface to her book, I couldn’t help noticing how her words were infused with love and compassion.
“Cooking with Amore is a personal odyssey back to wellness, a journey of self-discovery and my way of making this world a more peaceful place.” (quoted from Maria’s introduction)
Delicious and Easy
As she states in her introduction, her goal with this cookbook is to show how easy and delicious vegan cooking can be, and I agree. I love cooking, and I have also prepared many vegan meals and surprised myself every time with the explosion of flavors.
This cookbook comes with great tips. She gives useful advice about water, salt, olive oil, herbs and spices, tofu, organic vs non-organic, sweeteners, dressings, garlic, broth, croutons, and beans. The tip about beans blew me away. And I’m not going to tell you, I don’t want to spoil that surprise 😉 Best to leave that to Maria 🙂
What I especially love about this cookbook are the quotes that accompany the recipes.
“If I sing when I cook, the food will be happy” – Pasquale Carpino
What Delicious Meals Are in This Cookbook?
It’s time for another list. I love making lists 😉 , so here we go.
- Autumn Harvest Bowl
- Quinoa creams
- A vegan Italian minestrone – use those vegan sausages for that 😉
- Warm avocado soup. Yes, warm, and it looks yummy!
- And so much more
- Salads, dips, and pâtés
Maria has a way of making incredible salads that seduce even me – remember, I’m not a fan of salads 😉
- Tomato Cacao Salad (Yes, she got me with that one)
- And how about a quinoa chia crunch salad, making a full meal out of a salad. I love that idea.
- Hummus (I have tasted Maria’s hummus and it is divine)
- Veggie and seed pâté (I want to make that)
- How about a Cilantro Salad (like a Mexican-style tabbouleh)
- Artichoke spread
- And the list goes on
- Fully plant-based main meals and side dishes
- Vegan shepherd’s pie is among my favorites and Maria’s version is delicious. I’ve had it and it was so good.
- A veganized version of the French-Canadian Poutine
- Maria’s wonderful lasagna rolls which – you guessed correctly – I’ve also tasted 🙂
- No-meatballs (how about that? They look yummy)
- BLT wraps with tempeh bacon
- Spring rolls
- Lentil meatloaf
- Thanks to Maria’s Italian heritage, there are plenty of Italian recipes which are finger licking good
- Several Mexican dishes
- So much more, too much to add to this list.
- Desserts and snacks
It’s a Piece of Cake
I have had several of Maria’s desserts and they were always mouthwatering good. This is part of the reason why I am reviewing her cookbook.
I know Maria personally and over the years I have eaten many of her meals, such as shepherd’s pie, lasagna rolls, creamy lasagna, lentil stews, mudslide pie, key lime pie, smoothies, etc. So, I can honestly tell you that this cookbook is worth your investment.
Second, this cookbook has some amazing recipes and some are not the ones you usually find in a vegan cookbook. Maria also includes old family recipes and her own incredible creations.
Third, there are 100 recipes in Cooking with Amore. They are easy to follow and with every recipe comes a photo of the meal.
Pros and Cons
So, I see only advantages to getting this cookbook. The one con may be the price. The Kindle is listed on Amazon at $7.79 US and the paperback at $41.12 US, but as I said, it is an investment worth making. I got the cookbook as well 🙂
And remember the wise advice my father gave me a long time ago. “Cheap often turns out to be expensive.” I’ve never forgotten those words. While there are certainly cheaper cookbooks, Cooking with Amore offers you quality vegan meals for your health and well-being. For Maria, cooking is not only preparing something to eat, but it’s about “mindfully infusing love into every ingredient you choose to ingest.” (quoted from back cover, Cooking with Amore)
Cooking with love. Interesting how I wrote about that in one of my previous blogs. It really does apply. My meals don’t come out that well when I’m in a bad mood.
So, if you’d like to discover Maria’s wonderful recipes, get your Cooking with Amore, cooking with love is the best way to cook 🙂
Disclaimer: I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.