This morning I had a good, tasty breakfast. It was ready in less than 10 minutes and although it was a small dish, it was quite filling. So, I thought it was time to share another recipe, it’s been a while. You only need half a red Bell pepper, two spring onions, and two plant-based beer brats (my favorite is Tofurky Beer Brats)
Easy Breakfast Recipe
- Toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tofurky beer brats (or any other brand you prefer)
- 2 spring onions (bulb and stalks are needed in this recipe)
- 1/2 red Bell pepper
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a skillet (4 tablespoons should do)
- Chop Bell pepper into small pieces and add to skillet
- Heat for 2 minutes (on medium to low heat)
- In the meantime, slice beer brats and spring onion and add to skillet
- Heat on medium heat for 3 minutes, then lower to low heat, heat until beer brats are browned
- Chop 2 stalks of one of your spring onions and leave them on the side
- Serve on a plate and sprinkle chopped spring onion stalks on top.
Note: I used toasted sesame oil because of its nutty taste, but you can also use olive oil if you prefer that. When you fry with toasted sesame oil, it is recommended to only do that on low or medium heat, because it has a lower smoke point.
If you would like to try out another brand, Field Roast, Impossible Foods, and Beyond Sausages also have delicious and high quality sausages in different flavors. Of those three, Impossible Foods and Beyond Sausages are gluten free.
Amazon Disclaimer: As an Amazon associate I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases. This helps me maintain my website 🙂
Have a Hearty Breakfast
With a nice cup of Earl Grey, Chai Ceilan, or healthy Matcha tea (or coffee, if you’re a coffee lover 😉 ), this is a nice, quick, and filling breakfast. Although it is not heavy, this meal will leave you sated and you won’t feel hungry for a few hours.
During work hours, we don’t always have the chance to eat, so it’s important that we have a hearty breakfast and don’t spend our time at the office with a grumbling stomach. We’ve all been there at some point and this is why I always make sure I eat breakfast before starting my work day.