So, I thought it was time to share a recipe to make sausages. I have made them so often and the result is absolutely delicious. Every time I make a new batch, I intend to keep them for several days, but they’re always gone within a day or two 😉 I just can’t stop eating them.
This easy vegan sausage recipe needs few ingredients. You can also improvise a little and change the spices for different flavors. I have used paprika and curry, which give a nice kick to your sausages. Personally, I love curry and I use it a lot.
These sausages are great for a box lunch for work, or as a snack in between. They’re also ideal for breakfast, barbecues, hot dogs, or any other meal. And if you’re on a low budget, no problem, the ingredients are pretty cheap. The main ingredient is beans, which is an inexpensive staple.
The only downside perhaps is that canned beans are processed food. I simply prefer using canned beans over dry beans. The dry ones need a lot of preparation time … I first have to soak them for several hours and then cook them for one or two hours more until they are tender. It takes ages … Many of us do not have that time, so that’s why I recommend using canned beans.
And when you compare the ingredients of animal-based sausages to this recipe here, the vegan one will be a lot healthier, minus all the terrible things that go into animal-based sausages. I think that most people would stop eating those if they knew what actually went into them.
These vegan sausages are also rich in protein and fibre.
And, this recipe is cruelty-free 🙂
So, without further ado, I’ll share here this awesome recipe. Feel free to vary or replace the herbs and spices if you’re feeling adventurous 🙂
What do You Need?
- Food processor
- Tea spoons
- Table spoons
- 300 gr of cooked beans (black or brown beans)
- 2 finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Sea salt
- Dark ground pepper
- Half a tablespoon of paprika (or curry powder, whichever spice you prefer)
- 1/4 cup of natural amaranth
- 3/4 cup of oatmeal
- Mash the beans in a food processor
- Transfer the mashed beans to a bowl
(that’s what I prefer to do, but if you would like to continue making he rest of the mixture in the food processor, that will work too)
- Add the chopped mushrooms
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of onion powder
- Add 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of dark ground pepper
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of paprika (or replace the paprika with curry, or anything else you like)
- Add the amaranth
- Then add the oatmeal
- Using a spoon, mix it well until you have a firm mass
- Now take small lumps out of the mixture and shape them into sausages.
- Place them on a plate and cover them with cling film, so they can get firmer
(That shouldn’t take long, and if you’re really hungry, it’s perfectly ok to start frying them right away)
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the sausages for a few minutes, until they are cooked.
If you have any comments or you’d like to make any suggestions, please feel free to comment here below.