What I’m going to share with you today is simply yummy! And easy, and quick. Those are nice little treats for in between, for dessert, comfort food, or when you’re having friends over. The ice cream is the easiest recipe EVER, seriously 😉 and the chocolate praline recipe is also pretty simple.
These are the perfect recipes for any newbie vegan, or anyone who is considering going vegan, wanting to try vegan desserts, or someone who is looking for healthy and delicious treats. Healthy and delicious really do go together, I’ve said that many times. 🙂 And these recipes will show you how.
Raw Vegan Chocolate Pralines
Today we’re venturing into a raw vegan dessert. While I am no raw vegan, I sometimes like to make raw vegan meals, because they often provoke a little taste explosion in the mouth and they give me lots of energy. Raw desserts are my favorite desserts, because of their incredible flavors. So, without further ado, here comes the chocolate recipe.
- 18 tablespoons of coconut oil (it has to be liquid, not firm. If the coconut oil is firm, heat the jar of coconut oil in hot water or place it in direct sun light)
- A pinch of salt
- 3 heaped teaspoons of dark cocoa powder
- 3 teaspoons of brown sugar (or the way you prefer the sweetness level, 3 teaspoons work well for me)
- 4 teaspoons of dry coconut shavings
- You also need a chocolate mold (or you can use an ice tray if you don’t have a mold)
- Spoon the coconut oil into a small bowl
- Add the cocoa powder and mix. You will see that the coconut oil blends easily with the cocoa.
- When the cocoa is mixed with the coconut oil, add the sugar and stir
- Add a small pinch of salt and the coconut shavings, and stir
- When everything is mixed well, use a teaspoon to fill a mold with the chocolate mixture. If you don’t have any molds, like I mentioned before, you can use an ice tray. It works just as well 😉
- Now you can get really creative. You may make plain or filled chocolate pralines. For plain chocolates, fill the ice tray and place it in the refrigerator. Leave it there for an hour, so the mixture can harden.
- When they are hard, you can pop out the chocolate pralines like ice cubes.
- Optional: fillings
- Fill the ice tray blocks halfway with chocolate
- Place the filling(s) on the chocolate. It could be almonds, pecans, caramelized sesame seeds, a little peanut butter, even a strawberry slice, raspberry, you decide 🙂
- Spoon the rest of the chocolate over the fillings, and leave in the refrigerator for an hour
When they are hard they are ready to eat. I love chocolates, and these homemade chocolates are absolutely delicious. I make them very often.
Homemade Vegan Banana Ice Cream
Before making this recipe, it is important that you cut up some bananas into slices and freeze them. It is best to do that a few hours or perhaps a day before you want to make your ice cream. It is also useful just to have a bunch of frozen banana slices in your freezer anyway, for those days when you spontaneously decide to make ice cream 😉
So, what do we need for this recipe?
- 2-3 bananas
- Optional, to add flavors: cocoa powder, peanut butter, strawberries, raspberries, caramel, or any other flavor you like
- Take your frozen banana slices out of the freezer and let them defrost a little for around 6-8 minutes.
- Put the bananas in your blender (I do it little by little, not all at once)
- Blend – After a while you will see a smooth white cream. This is your ice cream
- Optional: flavors
- Add any flavor you like to your blended frozen bananas, and blend a few seconds more. I used cocoa powder and caramel, which was really good. You can get creative here 😉
You can eat this right away or you could also freeze it and indulge in it any time you feel like scooping up some ice cream 🙂
I hope you like these recipes. These are super easy desserts and yet, they taste divine! 🙂