Pizza has always been a favorite. Who doesn’t love pizza? I especially love the thin crust. The best pizza I have ever had was on a visit to Rome, Italy. Very thin crust, simple and few ingredients, yet so incredibly delicious.
Many people always ask, “what do you eat?” when someone goes vegan, but the food doesn’t really change, just the ingredients, and only some of them. Did you know that pizza is so easy to veganize?
All right, I’ll share the recipe now. Sometimes you click on a link to get a recipe and you are bombarded by a long text with large pictures and you have to keep on scrolling and scrolling, and again scrolling down to get what you came for in the first place; the recipe, right?
So, without further ado, let me share a recipe for vegan pizza with capers.
Vegan Pizza With Capers
- pizza dough (you can buy it or make it yourself)
- Tomato sauce
- 10 mushrooms
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- vegan cheese
How do you make it?
- Preheat oven at 180C degrees
- Chop the vegetables into small pieces
- Put the pizza dough on an oven tray
- Pour the tomato sauce and spread it evenly over the pizza base
- Arrange the veggie mix over the tomato sauce and the dough
- Then add capers and vegan cheese
- Finally place the pizza in the oven and bake for 20 minutes (baking time may vary, depending on what oven you’re using)
Note: The capers bring a really nice flavor to this pizza. I love capers, and this is a nice way to use them.
Which Vegan Cheese?
You can get vegan cheese at your local store. There is usually a section for vegan items. In case there isn’t, Costco has great vegan cheese, and then there is also the option of ordering online. Daiya has some nice vegan cheese varieties.
There are also excellent vegan cookbooks available if you’re interested in more recipes.
I hope you liked this simple recipe. It’s easy to make and it doesn’t need many ingredients. The good thing about pizza is that you can always improvise. You could add anything you want, for example artichokes, or extra tomato slices. 🙂