Take this fun quiz and test your knowledge. Find out if you’re a little cherry tomato (beginner), an elegant Saladette tomato (intermediate), or a full-fledged Heirloom tomato (advanced level).
Feel free to freshen up on the info in my blog posts, but during the quiz, no cheating, OK. 😉
Don’t worry if you only made it to a tiny cherry tomato. You can always re-take the quiz and move up to the Saladette level or even set your teeth into that juicy Heirloom tomato.
And speaking of tomatoes, how about a lovely stuffed tomato recipe with rice and veggies?
For this recipe you need
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 chopped green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup cooked green peas
- 2/3 cup boiled rice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup grated vegan cheese
- Slice off the top, then scoop the pulp out of the tomatoes.
- Place tomatoes on a baking tin
- Sauté Bell pepper in olive oil for two minutes
- Add onion and basil, and heat for another three minutes, until the onion pieces are slightly glazed and the chopped Bell pepper is soft.
- Add everything else, except for the cheese
- Mix well, then remove from heat
- Add vegan cheese and stir it in the mixture. Leave some extra for topping.
- Fill the tomatoes with the rice – vegetable mix. Top it off with some vegan cheese.
- Bake for 13-14 minutes, or until cheese has melted and tomatoes are cooked.
Click here for the recipe for a tasty, cold tomato soup.
If you liked this quiz, share the fun with your friends. Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.